1. Vitamin D – 4000 iu daily
2. Thiosinaminum 200C – two pellets under the tongue as needed for melancholy
3. Mustard Bach Flower Remedy – four drops on the tongue twice daily for gloom that descends for no particular reason
4. SAD lamps – find these on Amazon or in many local stores and sit by it for 10 minutes every day
5. St. John’s Wort – either in capsule form or tea. Try it for two weeks on and then two weeks off.
6. Citrus Essential Oils – such as orange and lime have a brightening effect on the mood. Wear them through the day or diffuse them in your space.
Remember to check in with yourself and try to be objective about what you are feeling. Is it possible that the world looks dreary because you are affected by the season? Are you perhaps affected by others around you who suffer from SAD?
We often come down even harder on ourselves when we feel depressed, beating ourselves up for being so miserable.
Give yourself a break, treat yourself to some TLC. When you are in a good mood, you make the world a happier place for the people around you too, so don’t feel bad about spending some time on yourself.
Wishing you cheerful days, even if they are still a bit on the dark side...
Kerry Walker, Classical Homeopath